Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Festivities have Begun!

Yes. I know, I know, it has been incredibly too long since I've updated... Don't judge me. 

Summer's here! My festivities have begun! This past week I've been at Wilderness Ridge working in the kitchen. I'll have to give you the lowdown another time. 

I went to the Austin area last Saturday(the 6th) to go to Krause Springs for my friend Shannon's birthday. I drove(since I needed the car to get to WR), and Shannon, Hannah, and Kara all rode with me. It was a fun little road trip. All of us, along with most of Shannon's family were there, and we had a fun time. I accidentally, somehow, got algae in the bed of my toenail(sorry for that visual), and we ended up having to cut off most of my toenail to get it out. Who knew a freaking toenail could hurt so much and take 3 hours to fix? Well, I don't know if it really took that long, but it sure did feel like it! It still hurts over a week later, but its healing up pretty nicely. After that, I made the mistake of pulling Kara into the pool. Not a good idea. NOT a good idea. She was so upset with me, and I still feel bad about it. We were hanging out last night, and she told me she already forgot about it and was over it, but I still feel bad. Our relationship was growing nice and steadily, but then I did that. I guess its not that big of a deal, but I'm just such a people-pleaser, and I don't like people being mad at me. 

The next day, on Sunday, I left a little early to go spend some time with my friend Ellen. I don't know if I've mentioned her here before, but she's 13 and we're buddies. I was her counselor at camp last year, and she just has two older brothers(who work at WR), so I'm her big sister/mentor/friend. She(and her brother Daniel) is a redhead, so we have that little connection too. Their family is awesome, just an example of a functional, God-loving, each-other-loving, family. Anyway, I picked her up from their church, and we went to the mall. We didn't think about it beforehand, but there was practically nobody in the mall cause it was a Sunday morning, and most places were closed! We just walked around for a while, got a pretzel to share(I've never had a soft, Auntie Anne's pretzel before. They are scrumptious!), and then went to Wal-mart to walk around some more. I couldn't really recommend places to go since I don't know the area, but she didn't really know what she wanted to do, so thats what we ended up with. We were supposed to go eat somewhere, but we ended up just going back to her house and eating there. I had never been to their house before, and I loved getting to see her room, see her parents and one of her brothers(Patrick) again, and spend some more time with her. I just love that girl to pieces. 

From there, I went to Wilderness Ridge and made it there in the nick of time! Actually, Ellen's brother Daniel worked at WR the same week as me. It was a fun weekend, and a great precursor to my week at camp. 

Tomorrow I'm off to Port Aransas with the youth group at my church! I'm so excited, but it doesn't seem like it should be here already! Maybe I'll write about WR if I have some down time. I like to just sit on the balcony, listen to the waves on the beach, and write, so we'll see. 

-Loribeth

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany