Friday, May 1, 2009

Are You Kidding Me?

Okay, seriously, why does it have to be May already? This crazy year has gone by so fast.


Last night I went to see Fast and Furious with Brianne, Connor, Kendra, and Brianne's friend Leah(I think? I hope thats the right name). It was fun, and I was glad I got to see them and spend some time with them. I don't know why, but I just never actually hang out with Kendra, Brianne, or really, any of the kids in TSMAC these days. I hang out with the girls in my grade, but not really anyone else, and I miss it. That said, I hated the movie we saw. A couple weeks ago I had heard it wasn't very good, and had alarming amounts of boobage and butt in it, but I wanted to spend some time with those girls so I let those reviews go right past me. Well, on my way there and throughout the whole movie I was thinking about it, but it didn't stop me. Whoops! When they said it was "the ultimate guy movie" it all makes sense now. I just hope none of the guys I know see it, except I know that many of them have. The lack of clothing, lesbian scenes, tons of cars, and no particular sense in the story line makes me understand why it was a guy movie. Well, the lesbian scenes didn't really make me understand, but they were definitely present and unashamedly there. Ugh! THIS is why I don't go see movies in the theaters that often. There's just nothing I want to see! OI'm one who'd like to go to the movies and see cheesy, cute movies like High School Musical 3, Hannah Montana, and Facing the Giants. Since this last movie, those were seriously the last ones I saw in theaters. No, I don't even like HSM, and Hannah Montana drives me up the wall with the way she's supposed to be(and IS) and major role model for thousand, perhaps millions, of little girls, yet she acts and dresses horribly. Don't even get me started. It just makes me want to cry. My generation(I guess? I just mean the people within... say... 10 years of when I was born) didn't even have her and we're still completely messed up with our self-image! I'm praying hard for these young girls. Back to what I was saying, I am completely content with staying at home and watching a movie by myself! Wait... did I say I enjoy watching movies by myself? Uh-oh... I wasn't supposed to add in that part. The Sound of Music, Radio, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Kate & Leopold, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, and Anne of Green Gables to name a few. I'll even be fine watching a movie at home with someone. I'm just not that picky with movies. Really, the only reason I watch movies is for conversation. If nobody ever asked me about movies, or if I could actually make conversation instead of getting to where I just say "so what movies have you seen lately? Oh, I saw that too! Did you like it?" Well, since I've been writing for so long it's now the 2nd of May, so I should end it right here.

Until tomorrow, 





No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany